Friday, January 05, 2007

Michelle is driving

Today I took a vacation day so I could take Michelle to get her drivers license. So we get there around 8:30 A.M. and off she goes with an instructor. I was so nervous. It is really hard to watch your child walk off to do something like this. I kept thinking Oh my gosh! What if she doesn't pass. It was making me sick. I know she drives well, but you get nervous with stuff like this. I was just going to be so upset for her if she didn't pass.

Well, I shouldn't have worried at all. She did pass with an 87% . I think that's pretty good.

So everybody stay off the roads now because Michelle is driving. :) Just kidding. She really is a good driver.

So a little while ago she asks if she can take the car to Katie's. Of course I had to say yes, but inside I was screaming NOOOOO........... I know she can drive but it's still scary. You guys know all the crazy drivers out there. I guess it will be awhile before I'm calm about her taking the car.

Now I am going to have to find her a car to drive. I know this sharing thing is going to get old really fast. She is gone right now and I don't need to go anywhere but fell like dang! I'm stuck here :)

Well, I guess that is all for now. I'm just rambling on and have probably said the same thing just in four different ways. Catch you later.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Tell her congrats! I know that I am not looking forward to Amanda learning to drive. We've all seen her wreck a 4-wheeler..... ;o)

Chris Johnson said...

YAAAA!! Way to Michelle!!

Way to go mom, for not pulling all your hair out. I am not looking forward to any of that. I am really dreading the first time she goes out with a boy!!!

Jen said...

COngrats for making it thrgh that milestone with most of your sanity intact!!!
I can NOT believe I only have 3 more years til Charles is driving, then it is one after the other for a couple years.....YIKES!!! I am practicing my gray hairs now....