Last Friday I'm sitting at work and all of a sudden we hear the rain pounding on the roof.
It didn't seem that bad so I decided to take the umbrella and go on my break. Well, I get
to the back door and can't even open it the wind was so strong. At this point I'm like OH CRAP!
I need to call Michelle. So I go back to my desk and call my daughter. She is already down in the basement
with the animals. THANK GOODNESS! I was pretty scared something was going to happen to her.
My Aunt picked her up right after the storm and brought her to their house in case it started
storming again. So when I get off work I head up Elm St. and it looks like a war zone. I could
not believe all of the huge trees that have been up rooted or split in half. As I turn on a side street
there is a tree in someone's house and a tree laying on part of someone's house. WOW! What a site that was.
So I get Michelle and hurry home to check our house out. Everything looked pretty good.
We were very lucky. We had some large branches and lots of small stuff to pick up. It ended
up being 11 bags of yard waste and 1 small pile of large branches. The top of our chimney was hanging
sideways but no big deal since we went all electric.
Speaking of electric. We had none. Thank goodness it wasn't really hot out. My Aunt Carol
still had electricity so we took our freezer stuff over there but it was already to long for our refrigerator stuff.
It all had to be thrown out. You know you just don't realize how expensive stuff is when you only have to replace things here and there.
When you have nothing and need everything it gets expensive. Hopefully this won't happen again.
Anyways, my daughter thought it was to hot in the house so she spent the night at my Aunts house. I didn't
want to leave my pets in the dark all by themselves so I stayed home. It actually got pretty cold
Friday night. So I wake up Saturday hoping to go to my friend Chris's house for a party. But of course
it was not meant to be. The lights were still out and it was to hot to leave my animals without cold water
all day. At least I thought so. The lights finally cam back on at 7:30pm Saturday night. WHOO HOO!
We were pretty lucky. My Uncles lights didn't come back until Monday at 10:00 am.
So everything was good on Sunday. On Monday I get up and get ready for work and get in the car and drive up
the street. I hear this funny noise and my car is leaning to the passenger side. I say what the ****! I get out and
I have a flat tire. ****! So I have to wake up my mom and get the air compressor out so I can take my car to
Safeway to get my tire fixed. Of course they are busy so I leave my car there and my mom takes me to work.
I was an hour late. I had a nail in my tire. That is like the 5th one in a year. Do my tires have signs on them or something?
Needless to say my weekend sucked! It could have been worse though and I thank God that it wasn't.
I do hope Chris has another party soon so I can come over. I think I need it. LOL!
OH WELL, all is better now. I should have more float blogs with pics this weekend.
See ya!

No comments:
Post a Comment